Thursday, February 28, 2008

What a crazy month......












It has been the craziest month ever for our family. We have had our new baby Bailey home from the hospital for just over two weeks now, she spent the first three weeks of her life in two different hospitals. She was born early because I was diagnosed with preclampsia. On January 21st I had a good friend check my blood pressure because I was swelling up so huge and my feet and ankles were so huge I didnt have one pair of shoes that would fit. She came over and found out my blood pressure was sky high and said I needed to contact my Dr asap. One thing led to another and our Bailey was born three days later. That became a whole other crazy roller coaster ride.....We spent the next three weeks commuting back forth (sometimes several times a day) from the hospital. Everyday had its ups and downs which included, ambulance rides, breathing tubes, feeding tubes, x-ray after x-ray, belly rubin lights, a million ivs, picc lines and more needles than one teeny tiny thing should every have to endure. But she is a fighter and with the wonderful Doctors and nurses at the new IMC hospital she finally made it home! We are now enjoying every minute of her being home with us and being able to hold her WHENEVER we want!

8 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

She is too sweet to have had all that happen - so glad she is good now!!!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures. I almost cried! She looks like a miniature Ellie! I'm glad it's over.

Hailey said...

What a crazy time in your life!! I'm glad she's doing better and HOME! And especially glad that you can just cuddle her and hold her.

Melinda said...

It's one of those times that you will never, ever forget, and you will be a better, stronger person because of it. It also makes you so much more grateful for life (and healthy babies =)

Chan said...

She is so darling..and I can't believe how tiny she is. I'm so glad she is home and doing well. BTW how did bathtime go last night.

Sum & Ben said...

She is soooo cute!! I am glad to know that you blog! I love it!

Jamie said...

She is so precious! Her pictures just made me cry, I can't imagine. I'm so sorry you guy's had to go through that. I'm happy for you to have her home and doing well.

Debbie said...

Hey Amy... I just found your blog on Shana's... Bailey is so cute, and I am so glad that everyone is doing well! I need to get over there and see her soon, and if you need anything, let me know... Babysitting, anything, I am just down the street!