Thursday, October 16, 2008

Watch out!!!

The flu is going around it is not a fun one!! I am on day three and I think that I am finally at the end of it. Thank heavens Nate could manage to stay home a little bit. Sometimes I hate that Nate doesn't have a 8-5 schedule because it usually turns into a 8-7, or 8-8 schedule, but luckily this week he was able to arrange things so he could be home with the kids on Monday and then stayed home part of the day Tuesday and had his mom come help me while he had to go in to work. Then luckily my mom took Luke to get his video game that we had promised him and o my gosh he was not about to let us forget. Then she made me her homemade chicken noodle soup. (see there is some pros to living next to your parents AND your in-laws!) I don't know what I would have done, taking care of a baby and throwing up over and over just doesn't work out. So I guess I got a little reminder of what its like being pregnant and I don't want to do that again for a long time, if ever....knock on wood.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Oh that bites! I hope you are over it! That's not fun at all, hopefully the kids don't get it and then it just makes a cycle through the house!
Well hope you are feeling better soon!

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick!! How miserable! I hope you're feeling better and (like Ann said)that the rest of your family doesn't get it!

Danielle said...

so sorry you were sick! you should have called me to help you...i would have loved to have stolen your sweet baby for a day! :)

The Waldrons said...

Amy I'm so sorry. I hope you are over it too. Yes, that does bring back bad memories of last year and pregnancy sickness, yuck. You need to call on your friends to help out, that's what we are here for. Take it easy and just call any time.

The Halls said...

I am glad you are feeling better...I told Jarrod that you were sick the last couple of days and the very first thing he said was "is she pregnant?"...funny!

I will totally take any of your kids any time! I agree with Angie...we will help you, but sometimes we just need our moms still...

Megan Hauze said...

Oh I am so sorry. I hate the flu. Hopefully it is clearing up. Let me know if I can do anything for you, now that I am working half days I have more time on my hands.
Megan

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

You have such good friends and family - me, on the other hand wanted to stay as far away from you as possible. I did want to help, but I have an illness too - phobia of disease and illness AKA: Anxiety! So glad you are feeling better, especially since yesterday you looked 'terrible' LOL!

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

Get well soon!!! Thats rough:(

Melinda said...

I'm soo sorry. Mom's aren't supposed to get sick! Take your vitamins and eat your vegis!

Sean and Karaden Lodder said...

sad to hear you were under the weather...look at it this way now you are less prone of getting it again during the holidays. As you know Sean and I have no kids and would love to help you out anytime...so never hesitate!

Megs said...

You should have told me I would have brought you dinner. I am so sorry you were sick. I am sure Shannon took care of you though. Oh wait she is affraid of sick people. hehehehe

I hate the flu. Hope we miss it.