Monday, September 15, 2008

Catching up......Back to school!

So the first day of school was a few weeks ago and I have yet to post my pictures of that so I guess better late than never. But I decided I have so much to catch up on that I might as well start working on what happens from here on out or I will just never blog again. I may throw in a few old events so I have them for my own memories. But anyways here we go.... Luke and Ellie started school again a few weeks ago and Luke for one is really liking it. He is in first grade so that means all day long, it also means school lunch. His favorite so far is the pizza but if they don't like the main dish then they can have a yogurt or a pb and j...Almost everyday I ask him what he ate and its the same old... Yogurt and a chocolate milk. So healthy! He was also the star of the week this week so we got to make a poster all about him! He is in the Spanish immersion class so he has English half the day and the other half is all in Spanish. His Spanish teacher speaks almost no English so they have no choice but to learn it. He rarely speaks Spanish at home so to hear him speak it at school is hilarious, he has a little Spanish accent. He is doing really well with it and seems to be enjoying it.



Then there is Ellie, she reminded me a few weeks before school started that I cried when Luke went to Kindergarten and asked me if I was going to cry when she went. I said of course, it makes me sad when you will be gone during the day and that you are getting so big so fast. Well the first day of school came and they are all lining up to go in and I start getting emotional and then Ellie's melt down began..... Holy cow was it a nightmare! So needless to say my tears went away and the frustration kicked in. She was hanging on to my arm for dear life and was not about to go into that school without me. I was doing everything in my power to pry her off of me. Anyway I finally got her in and her bag hung up and I escaped. After she got home she told me how much fun it was and how she loved it. Then the next time we did the whole thing again, melt down and all! So now my dear friend Shannon takes her to school because I apparently cant...When I take her we have a complete come-apart but not even a single tear if Shannon does. Seriously I don't get it! Hopefully sometime soon I will be able to take my own daughter to school. Other than that, Ellie seems to be really liking it. She is also in the Spanish immersion program but she has the same teacher for both English and Spanish. She is more willing to speak Spanish at home, so it is fun to hear what she is learning. I cant believe how fast they are both growing and how smart they are!

3 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

She is hilarious and so stinkin' cute! I am happy to take her to school every day, other than today Gavin cried. Maybe you come pick Gavin up and I will pick Ellie up. Let's see how that works for us. :)

Megs said...

Okay your kids have to be some of the cutest kids ever born. Do you wake up every morning and pinch yourself to see if what you are seeing if for real. Really I think they are adorable.

mama fish said...

Sounds like we had the same first day of school situation.:) I was wondering why I never saw you again when I drop Hayden off. All of your kids are so darling! Hopefully we will see you soon.