Monday, September 15, 2008

Sticks and Stones and the biggest kid in 1st grade!

Seriously two posts in a row, its a record! Anyway I had to post the latest at the Todd house! Last Friday my friend was picking up my kids from school and called me to tell me that Luke had been hurt and she was on her way to bring him home. I met her in the drive way and Luke was crying really hard. He normally doesnt get to worked up when he is hurt unless it is really bad. So he went on to tell me that he was playing at recess when "the biggest kid in the 1st grade pushed him down". He did add that it was a accident but he fell and hurt his arm. So we jumped in the car and headed to the insta care where it was apparently the place to be that day. It was packed full of hacking coughing people, people going into shock from injuries and to top it off a man walked in that cut his leg open with a chain saw (would you really go to the insta care for that). Anyways after a two hour wait and probably catching every nasty sickness going around right now we got Lukes arm x-rayed and it was officially broken. He has a "buckle fracture" just above his wrist. He was really tough and let them wrap it up and they said they couldnt cast it until the swelling went down. So he went home all bandaged up with a sling and all. Who would have thought a broken arm would be so cool, but when we got home his wonderful friends all greeted him with balloons and candy. After that all the kids wanted broken arms. Anyway he finally got the real cast today and went back to school to show it off. He was a little disappointed at how small the cast was. He said he wasnt sure how he was going to fit all the signatures of his friends on such a small cast. He was right, he came home with a whole lot of signatures. Then again 1st graders do seem to write kinda big!

13 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

He is such a good kid. He is so cute. It is hilarious that he is proud of his broken arm and everyone wants one now. :) The attention is great. My favorite is when he yelled at his friend leaving school today, "You're welcome for signing my cast!" LOL

Megs said...

I hate when they get hurt at school. Especially if the kid is a bully. I am half tempted to go find the kids that hurt my son and beat the crap out of them...don't worry I haven't...yet.

Casts are way cool. He is so brave.

Way to be tough Luke.

Sarah said...

How sad! He is so cute. Audrey had a buckle fracture on her left arm 2 years ago. Hopefully he heals fast!

meg 'n' rich said...

AAAH! Poor kid! Having one of my kids come home from school hurt is one of my big fears!
Looks like he's handling it well, though! What a tough cookie!

Melinda said...

Oh my heck! Good thing we have blogs, or the family wouldn't even know about these things!!! LOL

Melinda said...

Look you are tough (and lucky I have always wanted a broken arm lol) And Amy the happenings books are $20 my school gets $10 of it and i get prizes so let me know by Friday if you want one friday is the deadline! Ellie you are so cute and the picture of Bailey in a cup is darling!

Lauren said...

the one comment about the fundraiser is from me


Dollie

Deb'nDJ said...

Cool cast, Luke!! Great color, too! Amy, I love the post, I could totally hear you saying those things, "do you really go to the instacare for an open chain-saw wound???" Hee hee, you're funny! :)

Ann said...

Luke, Holly is jealous that you have a cast, she told me she wants a broken arm too, can you do it for her?? he he he Just Kidding. :) We love you and LOVE THE POSTS AMY!

Chan said...

Who knew that breaking your arm was so cool...Luke is like the neighborhood celebrity now...It busts me up.

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

What a tough kid! Thanks for the update or we'd have no idea what's goin' on! Tell him we think he's a champ!

Danielle said...

gotta love "playground war wounds!" what a trooper! preslee had the same kind of fracture. i hate casts-- good luck with the smell that will be coming soon! lol :)

White Family said...

How sad. He must have fallen pretty hard. I'm glad he is okay and happy about the cast. What a cutie.