Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Contortionist!!


Since Bailey was born we have noticed that she bends her arms and legs in wierd directions. She always as her arms twisted almost all the way around. I think she is double jointed. They do go back to normal, but for some reason she is comfortable with them twisted. Well now that she is getting bigger and more mobile she is getting out of control. She wiggles out of EVERYTHING even if she is buckled in!! I usually put her in her bouncer on the bathroom floor while I take a shower, but now I cant do it becuase somehow she twists her way out and ends up on the floor. The other day we put her in her swing and I ran outside to find Ellie and I came back to find her with her feet up in the air and her head down in the crack of the swing (where her bum should be) and having a hard time breathing because she was pinching her airway...Scared me to death. Then there is the bumbo which is suppose to be so great cause they can sit them on the counter to watch you and they cant get out.....well not Bay! Somehow she twists her legs around and pushes her way out, she has almost ended up on her head several times.



So yesterday ended up being a bit of a crazy day....We were headed to Grandma and Grampa Todds who live less than a block from us. I was hauling a bunch of stuff over to there house and couldnt carry it all and Bailey at the same time. So I set her in the car seat and loaded up the car. Well you would think that with them living so close we could get there safely so I didnt buckle her, I was to distracted. (bad idea!) Anyway I loaded up and started to head out, well my mind was on not spilling the food I had in the car and Ellie who was taking pictures of the inside of the car with my new camera, so I backed out of the driveway carefully and somehow slammed into a parked car across the street! So after going and confessing to the neighbors, and exchanging insurance information we made it safely one whole block away to Grandmas house. Once we got there I started hauling in my stuff and left Bailey in her seat while I went in and out. Once again bad idea! I took some stuff in and stopped to vent about my amazing driving skills and was headed back out, when I was greeted at the door by Nates grandma who was holding Bailey. She had just happened to pull up and be on her way inside when she heard a screaming baby and went to find Bailey who had somehow rolled over in her carseat and was stuck face down screaming her head off. Seriously how does she do that?? Well needless to say I look like a great mom, I really am in the running for mom of the year! I am thinking I might have to start using duct tape to keep her under control.


13 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

Omigosh! She is hilarious. She is so cute. And by the way, I have you beat for Mother of the Year! Nice try though. :)

Ann said...

I will still vote for you :) one of those days! the food was worth it! Thanks for all you do!

Destenee said...

You have to watch out for those stationary objects...they will get you everytime!! But don't worry..I know who's fault it REALLY was...and it wasn't yours :)

Chan said...

I freaking love her...she is such a fun baby! Her smile melts my heart

Melinda said...

She's gonna give you a work out--good thing she's so cute! Sorry about the car incident--you were doing so well :)

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

Hi..oh Hi Amy. I love her smile!!! Sorry about the little car accident.

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

Dave & I LOVE the big cheesy smile when she's sittin' in her bumbo seat! I'm glad everything was fine on Sunday...looks like she'll be keepin you on your toes!

Sum & Ben said...

That is a bummer cause the BUMBO is so great!! She is so grown up, and so stinkin CUTE!

Kim said...

What a sweetie! She has the sweetest smile.

Callie said...

She is so cute! I'm sorry about backing into the car but if it makes you feel any better I've totally done that. It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one who's had one of those days. My hubby stills makes fun of me to this day. Ha ha so funny right, it's bound to happen when we're always running crazy with kids!

Nikki said...

Sorry about your bummer day! Bailey is so cute, but quite the contortionist (sp?) Luke told me (while I was buckling Rayden) this morning that Bailey only gets buckled all the way up when you drive to Bear Lake. Funny kid :)

Kelly said...

I love the new blog layout! Watch out for the bumbo. One day cohen wiggled his way out and crawled right off the counter.She is a doll, bendy or not.

Danielle said...

LOL LOL! sorry about your day, but that is a funny story! and btw duct tape does work great (j/k):)