Friday, September 19, 2008

Such a sensitive kid....

My Luke is such a sensitive kid, I am assuming he gets that from me. I am such a cry baby, it really doesn't take much to get my get me balling. I just have to see someone cry and I join right in. Anyway my sweet Luke and I were doing his homework together when he started to tell me about a boy that he noticed at recess that doesn't have anyone to play with. I said that's sad you should ask him to play and then I went back to his homework. Luke said but mom I see him every recess and he is all alone. He said I watch him walk back and forth across the play ground every recess and he never has anyone to play with. So we started to talk about it and Luke started getting choked up. He said, I saw him rubbing his eyes the other day and I think he was kinda crying. He then said, he has brown skin but that's fine I still want to play with him. (I really hope that's not why he doesn't have anyone to play with). Apparently this is something he has been noticing for awhile and it has really been bothering him. I asked him why he hasn't asked him to play with him and his buddies and he said I don't know his name and I am kinda nervous. He said he followed him around the playground for awhile trying to ask him to play but he was always behind him. So we came up with a plan for him to wait for him to be walking back towards Luke so that he can approach him and ask him his name and see if he wants to play with him and his buddies. So I guess we will see what happens today after school gets out. I love that he is aware of other peoples feelings. I hope that he never grows out of that!

10 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! Such a good kid.

The Halls said...

I hope that he talks to him! This is exactly the way we want all of our kids to be right?! We want them to see someone that doesn't have anyone to play with and go make a new friend...

Good for you and Nate to raise such a thoughtful and sweet boy!

Sum & Ben said...

I wish that all kids had that way of thinking! Kids can be so mean, and it is heartbreaking as a parent to see your kids hurt (emotionally) by other kids! So good job to LUKE!

House of Mellor said...

Wow, I slack off for a while and have a novel to read. What a plesant surprise. Glad everything is going well and that Luke is ok.
Letitia

Danielle said...

well, apparently i am a cry baby too-- that story choked me up! he is such an awesome little dude! he is always so nice to parke-- thanx luke! :)

Kim said...

Man what a sweetheart! I bet you are so proud of him. You must be the best parents in the world!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! I'm totally choked up. Make SURE you post about what happened today!

Garden Toads said...

Mom AND DAD are just like the wonderful little man. Sweethearts.

Love ya,
M&D

Ann said...

That story needs to be sent into the Friend! I swear (I don't really swear) I have read it in there. He is the cutest little man I have ever meet. Such a sweet thing!

meg 'n' rich said...

What a sweet kid! Wish they were all like that! I hope he makes a new buddy!