Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trick or Treating!

We had so much fun on Halloween....Luke dressed up as Frankenstein and Ellie was (of course) Hannah Montana and Bailey was a ghost. I searched everywhere for a costume that Luke liked and found nothing. My friend finally mentioned I could make up one. Duh, why didn't I think of that. So we decided to be frugal and rip up some old clothes and paint his hair and face. But then we couldn't figure out how to get some bolts to attach to his neck. So the same friend (Shannon) found me some bolts at a costume store that happened to be $10 per bolt. So the thrifty costume ended up adding up quickly.
The $10 bolts!
Then there was the Hannah costume....for this costume I wanted to find things that she would wear again. Great idea in theory, but if you know Ellie you know that getting her dressed is quite the ordeal....Everything bugs her. Her pants are to loose, or her tag on her shirt is itching her or her shoes hurt, its always something! So, so much for wearing any of it again!
The boots that will never be worn again, cause they give you blisters if you refuse to wear socks with them! Good thing she is cute!!!
Then here is our little our little ghost!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Hi Amy! Cute kids and costumes! Since you have a younger girl, maybe the baby will be willing to wear the Hannah Montana costume in about 5 years (if it's still popular then) or wear the cute boots with another outfit. Hooray for hand-me-downs!

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted pictures of the kids in their costumes--very cute!

Melinda said...

I love your costumes. You make me laugh with your pumpkin carving stories. And thank you so much, I love my hair.

Lauren said...

bailey is getting so big! The costumes are cute!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

So cute! Sorry for the expensive bolts!

Destenee said...

You get the "best of both worlds" a darling daughter AND a diva all wrapped up into one!

Megs said...

Your kids are way too cute. When Ellie came to our house I didn't know who she was. She could model she is so perfect. Luke looks awesome. Bailey is cute as a button.